ste...@nevets.com.au schrieb:
On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 22:45:44 +1030
Steve Gatenby <ste...@nevets.com.au> wrote:

Hoping somebody may be able to explain why the following doesn't stop
the Form closing.

Button1 sets the method pointer correctly (I believe), as when closing
the form the showmessage occurs as expected (and shows the correct form
name).

would there be any way to accomplish what I'm after then ?
 I am trying to indirectly prevent the form closing (by passing the Form
to a Method / Proc)
 So with no additions to the original forms class or instance.

You can add your handler to the form containing Button1. Then the handler is a method, ready for assignment to the OnFormClose of any form in your project.

DoDi