From: Martin Frb
   Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 3:31 AM
   To: Lazarus mailing list
   Subject: Re: [Lazarus] Open file dialog speed
   On 27/05/2014 18:15, Chris Crori wrote:

   Hi guys,
Is there anything I can do to speed up the TOpenDialog window in windows? It takes more than 2 seconds in my application in Lazarus, a lot more than in any application I run on the same computer (Windows7, 32 bit)

   When your app runs in the IDE, or when you run your app outside the IDE?

In the IDE it is slower, because GDB tracks every library that is loaded, and TOpenDialog can import many dll.

If it is only in the IDE/Debugger, and bothers you a lot, then try this (autosolib):

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips#gdb.exe_has_stopped_working
   It may improve it a little bit. It does not affect outside the IDE.

It is slow even outside the IDE with strip symbols checked. I noticed slow loading so at first I thought windows were slow on loading (first time was slower than the others) but then I run LibreOffice and the same dialog was loading very fast in that. The 2 second time is inside the IDE, with GDB on, but this is just for me and I don't mind so much