Hi Lazarus wizards and magicians,

I'm trying to figure how to face my nonlcl widgetset project.
Before tampering with Lazarus code, I tried to gain a better understanding.
My scenario:

 * a run-time package containing my non lcl widgets. Units are named
   after Kylix naming scheme, i.e. QForms, QButtons, etc.
 * a run-time package containing units lifted from Lazarus LCLBase and
   LazUtils to provide the required run-time functionalities without
   pulling in LCL (lresources, fileutils, etc.)

With a minimal patch to lresources, in order to skip properties pulled in by Lazarus and unsupported by my widgets, I can compile an application using my widgets, run and debug it.

If I try to access to a method already present in the lfm from the Object Inspector, I can see the available methods, and jump to the unit code. But if I attempt to add something, such as an OnClick Event to a button from the Object Inspector, I get the error "Unable to create new method", and the reason given is:

Codetools, Errors:1
unit1.pas Error: unit not found StdCtrls

Of course my package doesn't have a StdCtrls unit, which would clash with Lazarus, but has a QStdCtrls unit. Now my question is: where does Codetools find the need for a specific unit? I gather that class, property, etc. names are loaded into the global LazarusResources list, but this involves also unit names? In order to support a nonlcl widgetset to what extent one should reinvent Codetools in his Mediator?

Giuliano