El 15/09/14 a las 15:49, Werner Pamler escibió:
The "TopMark" and "BottomMark", as you call it, can be removed by
setting WhiskerWidth to 0, and the "MiddleMark" disappears with
MedianPen.Style set to psClear. The "Up" and "Down" colors can be set by
some logics when adding data points (there's the color parameter in the
AddXXXX method...). The intrinsic problem that Box/Whisker expects
ordered y values, while the Candle obviously does not ("open" can be
greater or smaller then "close"), could be overcome by pre-sorting the
data which should also take account of the Up/Down colors. Well, in
total, these are a few lines of code, but relatively straightforward.
Nevertheless, maybe too much for less code-centered guys?

Anyway, I'll try to add your contribution to a new CandleStick series. A
few question before I begin: Your posting says that Candlestick plots do
not have top and bottom marks, but the wikipedia reference that you gave
does show them. What is true? What should be the default up and down
colors?

Thanks. I'm used to see CandleStick charts in many Stock Trading software, and I never saw thos top and bottom marks. Default UP can be clLime and Down clRed.

P.S.: the next chart type is Heikin Ashi, a variation of CandleStick.

--
Leonardo M. Ramé
Medical IT - Griensu S.A.