On 11/10/2014 3:27 PM, Frederic Da Vitoria wrote:

    Sorry for the big message, Gnail hides me the rest of the message.

After clicking on the answer button, press <Down> twice (which selects the
ellipsis) then press <Enter> and voilà, you get the message contents, which you
can edit as you like.

But I agree GMail makes this unnecessarily complicated.

FWIW: this is why i use thunderbird (or another local storage mail client) and pull my mail off of gmail's servers using POP3 to my local machine to handle in a traditional manner ;)