Greetings,
                 Just returning to Lazarus after 6 months or so on
other projects.   Am running Laz 1.2.4 on Linux MX-14, which
is a development on AntiX , - based on Debian stable.

  MX-14 has presented only one real problem so far, no hassles
with Form design, code is behaving and compilation is fast and
trouble free (so far anyway).

 I am rewriting a couple of programs that I developed in Delphi 3 ©
many years ago.  All goes well until I try to activate a Dbf file,
Lazarus refuses,  saying that it can not open the file.

Am fairly sure  that I do not have a Linux permissions problem,
this is probably a simple problem involving the path, but I have
run out of ideas on how to fix it. The path looks OK to me, am
now wondering if I am short of a file?  Am now not even sure
how Linux stores Dbf information.

Gordon
Tauranga N.Z.