On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 07:05:20 +0000
Graeme Geldenhuys <mailingli...@geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just found this very interesting video about Delphi XE7 (or AppMethod)
> and how the form designer can design for multiple device targets. Very
> clever usage of Visual Form Inheritance.
>
>   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmA7KLlOR1U
>
> How does Lazarus IDE (or LCL) handle this? Can you develop for multiple
> targets with a single source code base? Or is this beyond the scope of
> LCL (eg: LCL is only meant for desktop apps)?

Of course you can use VFI to create custom views - for
different platforms, devices, releases or whatever
flavors.
XE7 took a common case - devices - and made that simpler by having only
one unit and load a second resource automatically.
Theoretically Lazarus could be extended to do the same (or more
flexible), but the LCL will still use the native controls, so the
"preview" is limited.

Mattias