On Fri, 20 Mar 2015 17:39:18 +0000
"vfclists ." <vfcli...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 20 March 2015 at 12:30, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaert...@netcologne.de>
> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 20 Mar 2015 12:08:11 +0000
> > "vfclists ." <vfcli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I am using a library which uses a lot of it own related files and
> > whenever
> > > I recompile all those units are always recompiled.
> >
> > What do you mean with "whenever I recompile"?
> > Compile (Ctrl-F9), Build (Shift-F9), Clean up and build, ...
> > changing compiler options and build, ...
> >

> Mainly Quick Compile, Run and Build

Check if the -B option was passed to the compiler.
Select in the Messages window the "Compile Project" message, right
click, then About / About Compile Project.
The -B tells the compiler to recompile every source it can find.

When you compile a second time, there should be no -B and the compiler
should only compile only the program file and no unit.
Does it?

> > > Is adding the other
> > > additional files into a package the way to avoid this recompilation and
> > the
> > > presence of lots of unrelated ppus and object files?
> >
> > What are "other additional files"?
> >

> They are files in the uses section of the project's units, but there are a
> lot of them and are mostly exclusive dependencies of the projects main unit.

Ok. Sounds like normal units.

Mattias