Hi All!

I have several apps that use combo boxes for (e.g.) Minutes. For Minutes, the items range from 0 to 59. The Object Inspector shows that the DropDownCount is 8, but no matter what I put in there, I get the entirety of the items. For Minutes, the selection box spans the display from the top to the bottom, with the top part being blank and the bottom (from the position of the control itself) with 0, 1, ... until it hits the bottom of the screen.

To test this, create an application, put a TComboBox on the form, populate the Items with a set of items having more than 8 entries. Run the app and look at the number of items in the drop-down list. Change the DropDownCount to something like 3 and try again. It always shows every item in the list no matter what is put in the Object Inspector. Additionally, in the FormCreate event, try setting ComboBox1.DropDownCount to something less than the number of Items. The new value is totally ignored.

I am using Lazarus 1.4RC2 with no modifications on Linux Mint 17.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Don Ziesig