On 04/08/2015 05:01 PM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
On Wed, 08 Apr 2015 09:58:32 -0400
Donald Ziesig <don...@ziesig.org> wrote:

[...]
(specifically changing *Position*),  the .lfm file for the FRAME
/occasionally/ gets an entry
for*Position*!  (sometimes *TabOrder*, too.).  I can't pinpoint exactly
the time at which
this extraneous data appears, but it doing a series of normal editing
operations such as
moving the windows, changing the properties of the MAIN or FRAME for a
few minutes
(but not changing the code) will definitely cause it to happen. Once it
does, the object
inspector for Frame1 has an entry for *Position* (and sometimes
*TabOrder*) which is not
present when a frame is first created.  After this appears, reloading
the Frame form
will /sometimes/ raise an exception in the IDE complaining about the
unknown property
for the Frame.
Do you mean "Position" or "Left", "Top"?
Position as in poDesigned
"TabOrder" is a normal TFrame property. It is set automatically by the
LCL for all controls.

This may be true, but one of the errors is an exception caused by an invalid property "TabOrder".
It doesn't happen frequently, but I have seen it more than once.
The intermittent (apparently) nature of this is puzzling.

Subsequently, when I attempt to run the program, one of two possible
situations occur:

1.    Clicking on the button that displays the frame calls the code but
does not display
          the frame, or,
2.    Clicking on the button raises an exception describing the
extraneous entry in the
          .lfm file.

I haven't been able to figure out why one or the other happens, but for
any given
compilation the error remains the same.

I have a simple app that demonstrates this problem if anyone would like
to try to
replicate my troubles ;-) .
Please create a bug report.

Will do (as soon as I return to Windows ;-) ).

Mattias