On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 11:08 PM, Jesus Reyes <jesus...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Any change that TCtrlBands  can be re-implemented to not use generics?,
> while they apparently work fine on FPC trunk, they are not guaranteed to
> work on FPC 2.6.X. (specially advanced features like the one in r 45860) and
> 1.4 was apparently released with this changes.

You surprise me, too.
The basic generics containers and the fgl unit has worked well since
FPC 2.6.0. I have used both list and map generics containers already a
long time and nobody complained.
The patch for r45860 was from Vojteck and committed by me. It uses
TFPGObjectList which works well.

> In fact recompiling 1.4 on Mac using 2.6.X failed here :(.

Do you mean generics on Mac are broken? Strange. It does not sound
like a platform dependent feature.

Juha