On So, 2015-07-19 at 23:40 +0100, Martin Frb wrote:
> On 19/07/2015 18:16, Marc Santhoff wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > still in the reconstruction process:
> >
> > Which version of gdb is requiered at least for us with lazarus on
> > freebsd with fpc 2.6.4?
> >
> > I'm using nthe systems gdb which does not seem to suffice:
> >
> >   > gdb --version
> > GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
> >
> > Lazarus is from today, 1.4.2.
> >

> It might not just be the version number.
> The lowest version regularly tested is or was till recently 6.3.5 (the
> apple mac edition).
> But it is well possible that even older versions still work.
>
> IIRC the problem on freebsd is that some commands returns different
> values. Instead of PID you get a Lightweight thread id, or something,
> and it has a diff abbreviation.
> I remember 1 or 2 years back some reports and some changes. But I have
> not tested since. (And I do not know, if those changes apply only to
> certain version of the freebsd gdb.)
>
> Lets start with a log, on whatever gdb you currently have
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips#Log_info_for_debug_session

If the newer gdb doesn't run, I will.

Since i really shot down my installation I cannot tell which gdb has
been used lastly, but lazarus was version 1.2.0 and that combination
worked - well somehow at least. Debugging a programm killed some config
files, some of my sources and maybe the compiler itself, cannot tell
because in the end the machine freezed and shortly rebooted on CTRL-F9.

The problem worked at was some confusion in the contruction chain, so I
had to stop several times even before a window showed up on the screen.

I kept the defect fpc and lazarus dirs, but not the hosed configuration,
it is repaired now. Lazarus stumbled across some zero length files, but
it should not reboot the computer. I think the damaged file system
killed the compiler or the like.

--
Marc Santhoff <m.santh...@web.de>