On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 18:58:14 +0200, Sven Barth
<pascaldra...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>Am 21.09.2015 17:58 schrieb "Bo Berglund" <bo.bergl...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 17:24:50 +0200, Sven Barth
>> <pascaldra...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> >You could take a look at the TInetSocket of the ssockets unit which is
>part
>> >of FPC (at least in 3.0.0, don't remember about 2.6.4).
>>
>> I tried to find information on this but it seems a bit difficult...
>> Since I have Lazarus installed in my Win7 PC it would be good to know
>> where in the installation I might find the units for this component.
>> A search from the top of Lazarus finds a number of files with socket
>> in their names but no ssocket file at all.
>> The sockets.pas file I found indicates that it is for OS/2 only
>
>As I said it might be that you need at least 3.0.0. But you could try to
>install the release candidate for that.
>The code should be in lazarusdir/fpc/VER/packages/fcl-net/src (Note: path
>might be not entirely correct as I don't have a Windows installation of
>Lazarus in front of me right now).

Thanks,
in my installation it sits here:
C:\Programs\lazarus\fpc\2.6.4\source\packages\fcl-net\src\ssockets.pp

>I can't say anything about TSocketClient, but the TInetClient in the
>ssockets unit I mentioned is a class that's rather directly on top of the
>native socket API, so that should definitely be able to handle it.

Fine, then I just need to make it visible inside Lazarus...
Right now after firing up the Lazarus IDE I cannot see any trace of it
unfortunately.
I decided to give it a shot by creating a test application but the
palette does not sow even one internet component...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden