On 09/23/2015 10:27 AM, Michael Schnell wrote:
On 09/23/2015 04:21 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:
I have used the AsyncPro com port also and I noted that there is a
TCP/IP version of the com port as well (ApdWinsockPort) such that
using this in Delphi would make it possible to just switch from one to
the other by setting a property.
It would be grate to have a Lazarus Linux version of AsyncPro, but I
don't have much hope...

I've done a lot with AsyncPro for about 27 years or so. About six months ago I helped a company add Ethernet to their serial support using the ApdWinsockPort which works well.

www.CtrlTerm.com uses Synapse for both serial and TCP/IP but it isn't as nice as AsyncPro but if someone wants to hire me... :)

See the bottom of this page for more info:
  http://turbocontrol.com/APro.htm