On 10/12/2015 10:52 AM, Juha Manninen wrote:
A stupid question: what is the best Ubuntu version to test with?
I have avoided Unity desktop so far exactly because of the Lazarus
related problems.

Another question: what about Lazarus built with QT bindings but
running on Unity?

Don't know, but Qt handles such stuff and QTrayIcon is transparent to LCL.

Third question: would it be possible to unite the TrayIcon code for
Unity and other desktops? Now you have 2 separate implementations.

Maybe, but only in case if it's easy to extract information if we are under unity wm or other wm (I guess that it should not be an issue).

zeljko