On Tue, 3 Nov 2015 14:55:54 +0100, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaert...@netcologne.de> wrote:

>lnet does not use Post/SendMessage, so it works even with the NoGUI
>widgetset.
>
>You can easily implement your own loop and simply call
>Application.ProcessMessages.

Thanks,
you mean that Application.Processmessages is available in this console
program? I did not know that. And it seems like TCustomApplication
does not automatically include it either. I get a error "identifier
not found: Application" when I try...

But now I have a basic Lazarus IDE usage question:
When testing the lnet functions I copied the files from the lNet
download (the complete lib directory) to my pi home directory into an
lnet dir and set the project path to include this dir.

After successfully testing lnet I wanted to actually install it into
Lazarus so I extracted the complete zipfile (according to install
directions here:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/lNet#Installation) into my lazarus
install dir at /home/pi/development/lazarus/components.
Then I went into Lazarus menu Package/Open Package file as instructed
on the webpage above and installed the lnet package.

When it was all done and Lazarus restarted I removed the project path
to the sources I used before and compiled my test project and it
worked OK.
Then, just to make sure, I right-clicked on the TLTcp type name and
selected "Find declaration" and unit lNet opened in the IDE.

But this unit is NOT where I expected it to be! Instead of in the
Lazarus component directory it shows to be located in:
/usr/local/fpc/source/utils/fppkg/lnet

How did this happen? Seems like there is a copy of lnet in this
location so which is Lazarus using? And how did it get there in the
first place?

I am running FPC 3.1.1 (svn trunk a couple of week back) and Lazarus
1.5 svn 50059M (don't know what M means)

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden