El 11/11/15 a les 01:21, Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
El 10/11/15 a les 23:37, Graeme Geldenhuys ha escrit:
On 2015-11-10 21:09, Luca Olivetti wrote:
But in the end I have to render it on the LCL canvas

Via a single BitBlt which should be more than fast enough for what you
described. Unless LCL is seriously broken.

I don't know if it's broken, but, AFAIK, there are two ways to animate
something

1) with a timer (constrained by the windows resolution)
2) with a thread+synchronize (only the main thread can access the gui,
and the constraint here is the rate the application loop calls
CheckSynchronize)

But what really puzzles me is the different behavior between xp and 7
(maybe it's aero, I could try disabling it). The fact that it's a font
of size 100 with a bitmap below it doesn't help, but it should be possible.

Well, I just found out that in a virtual machine (be it xp or 7) the timer resolution is 10ms, while in real hardware is 16ms (no matter if I use a timer or a thread+synchronize). That at least explains the timing differences (but not the unresponsiveness of the full screen application under windows 7)

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007