UTF8Delete probably takes an AnsiString (or String) as var parameter and for var parameters the static codepages have to match exactly (String has CP_ACP while Utf8String has CP_UTF8).

Just please help me understanding this:
The unit LazUTF8 unit is for manipulating UTF8 strings only, correct?
Is there any reason that all functions are declared with
parameter type STRING instead of UTF8String?
For what else should I use UTF8delete if not for UTF8strings?
And what happens if the string has a different encoding than UTF8?
I doubt that the function will produce any useful result in this case
because it expects UTF8.