On 12/19/2015 05:53 PM, Anthony Walter wrote:
Donald, if all you want is a minimal FPC 3.0.0 for the Pi, I suggest you use my minimal installers from http://www.getlazarus.org

The minimal version weights in at 40MB and includes the compiler, a few tools like the console "fp" ide, and the rtl (no fcl, no lcl). I also includes a fpc terminal shortcut which opens you default terminal with fpc envirnonemt variables and configuration setup. It will not interfere any other existing FPC or Lazarus setup. It also makes for a good starting point to make the FPC compiler from sources:

Minimal Pi PFC 3.0.0:

http://cache.getlazarus.org/archives/fpc-3.0.0.raspberry-min.tar.gz

If on the other hand you want to run a newer version of Lazarus with FPC 3.0.0 on the Pi, I also have a bundle for that. It's also quite small (I know SD card space on the Pi is a concern) at under 200MB for FPC 3.0.0 plus Lazarus. The FPC in this bundle comes with rtl, fcl, and a few other packages (again some have been removed), and the Lazarus version has had the graphic image sources, and tool sources removed (though tool binaries are included).

This reduced in size and Pi specific FPC 3.0.0 with Lazarus can be installed from here:

http://www.getlazarus.org/setup/?download#raspberry_pi

Final note:

I know many Pi users are concerned about the SD storage space required by FPC and Lazarus and I've taken some care to reduce their sizes on Pi, but please be aware more SD space will be used and is required when compiling with Lazarus. The first time you build with Lazarus it will require space to store the lcl compiled units (two hundred plus megabytes more), and any lcl programs you write and compile can take upwards of 20-30MB each. If you want to keep some of your compiled programs around, consider using the "strip -s yourprogram" utility to reduce their size after you're done developing a program. The storage saving will be significant.

Hi again Anthony,

I used your tiny version on my original SD card and it works fine, but I need the full-up debugging version on the big SD card. With the additional 8 GB I don't think I'll have space problems. If I do, I'll remove Python and Mathematica like I did on the original SD card. That freed up a lot of space.

Thanks,

Don