On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 8:40 PM, Howard <h...@talktalk.net> wrote:
> On 17/01/2016 13:00, Juha Manninen wrote:
>> Howard, for curiosity, your patch has: LCLVersion = '1.6.0.2' The menu
>> editor is developed in trunk 1.7. Are you using a fixex_1_6 version for
>> editing? Juha
>
> Yes, the code I worked on was the latest trunk (well perhaps it was from the
> day before). The IDE I used was 1.6.0. Does this matter?

I forgot to answer this earlier.
No it does not matter. It only means that you must open 2 different
IDE versions, one for editing and one for testing your changes.
I personally use the same binary where I did my changes. Usually it
works well enough. Sometimes rarely I break it badly and then I use a
backup binary which I have copied to another name.

Juha