On Fri, 06 May 2016 15:07:18 -0500, Aradeonas <aradeo...@operamail.com> wrote:

Thanks, It seems I should explain better.
For RecordCount you are right and it seems DBGrid doesn't know correct number either otherwise it should has a better scroll size. I want to do something like DBGrid and for that I want to get only a part of data for example record 1000 to 1100 and for that I can >set BufferCount to 100 but in this case I should navigate dataset to record 1000 to get these value but I prefer to not change RecNo >and use something like DataLink's ActiveRecord that changes record you want without changing RecNo of Dataset.

You can't, there is no way using TDataset facilities. But anyway, changing ActiveRecord *should* change RecNo (provided that RecNo is reliable, it definitively is not if Dataset.IsSequenced=false OR dataset is filtered), if it's not then you found a bug.

So if I have 1 Dataset that is fully load all 1500 record can I just print records from 1000 to 1100 without changing RecNo?
Regards,
Ara

Jesus Reyes A.