Mattias Gaertner wrote:
On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 22:08:33 +0200
"Darius Blaszijk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I haven't taken a look yet at the patch, but imho possible overlap in
other languages is not a good argument for changing the layout.

No major layout changes have been performed you will see..;-)

Maybe most (if not all) of these things can be solved by fixing the

autosize

issues and using the correct anchor alignment.

I don't quite follow you on this one. How do you solve layout issues when
you have no idea how long your text will be. Ok within reasonable limits
that is.

Lets take an example:

Suppose you put two labels on the same horizontal position on a form how
do you cope with the fact that on one language the length of the two is
50px and in another it's 100px. Can you pull it of by using anchors and
still keeping the labels centered and the same width (which ensures that
label 2 starts from the center and keeps the alignment of your form
intact) ??

I'm not sure, what exactly you are trying to do.
To center a control horizontally remove akLeft and akRight from the
'Anchors' property. You can pretty much do with the current autosize
features of the LCL, but of course a few things still need a line or two in
OnResize. What controls in the environment options are making troubles?

I wondered if it is possible to automatically resize the parent (i.e. a groupbox) so that a child can fit into it (for example an autosize label). For example the environment options, form editor tab, if in a certain translation, the text for "color for right, bottom" become 30 characters more, that the guidelines groupbox is resized, so that it fits, and that the grid groupbox, is enlarged too, because those two groupboxes form a column.

Vincent.