Sebastian Günther schrieb:

> Ok great, then I'll implement it now.

Done. The new xmlcfg unit is committed (trunk only, so far). I've
changed quite some things, so be warned that it might break existing
application somewhat.

The main change: You cannot specify the filename in the constructor
anymore, but you _have_ to use the Filename property.
Escaping for invalid chars in XML is enabled by default; if you don't
want to use it, set "UseEscaping" to False before setting the filename.
If you always want to start with an empty file, set "StartEmpty" to True.

I did only some quick tests and everything looks fine; hopefully I
didn't introduce any new bugs...

- Sebastian