I added a note on issue 1044:
http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/mantis/view.php?id=1044

As many new-comers, I am not familiar with the structure of the code.
I have experience in software development, but lack the (unpaid) time
to follow the code up and down to figure out where (i.e., in which
line of which file) any changes should be made.

In this particular issue, it could be useful if someone familiar with
the code just add an empty function (following some unwritten naming
convention) as a place holder, with the right parameters. I am willing
to test a function that receives a single source code (it's a
TStringList or something like that?), does the clean up, then return
the cleaned code, maybe in the same parameter, with the var keyword.

--
Atenciosamente,

Alexsander da Rosa