Micha Nelissen wrote:
Marc Weustink wrote:

The reason I thought of it is the continuos trouble I have with for instance grid.columns or statusbar.panels You only can access them by index. Having them as classfields makes life easier. Like a dataset, those items doesn't have to be persistent by default. We can for instance introduce a
  property PersistentItems: Boolean default False;

This is IDE functionality, not LCL functionality, right ?

The creation of the persistent fields... yes

The asignment of the fields to items, it has to be something outside the ide. Don't know how dataset fiels are written/read.

Marc