ik wrote:
On Saturday 29 October 2005 11:11, Marc Weustink wrote:

Thomas Zastrow wrote:

Florian Klaempfl wrote:

Lv wrote:

This is getting annoying..

Cant you guys just use Linux or BSD with ipchains or iptables.
If you want a firewall script let me know.

What is the connection to firewall exactly ?! Firewall is only a filter of packets, not an "IPS" and it is not created to be one.

Defacement is made using security holes such as SQL Injection, Buffer Overflows (that exists on the server for example), and any other type of access to the system (File uploading as another example). There are also possibilities that someone installed non standard program that opened a backdoor at the system itself. BTW If the "backdoor" is using port 80 for example, then firewall will not block it.

The problem is probably postnuke but not the OS.

Then send Postnuke to hell .... if you need some help transforming the content from Postnuke to a new solution, let me know.

The problem is not to create a static site, but the probmlem is to update and maintain it. Lazarus used to have a simple DB generated pages, but it missed some functionality which Postnuke offered. We had 2 choices, spent time to develop yet another system (and do't spend the time for Lazarus), or use something what is aready there.

Why not to use Drupal ? it's much better then PostNuke, and it's existed Content Manager, with many more things to offer then PostNuke that have more holes then Swiss cheese ?

Who guarantiees that ?
If I look at the drupal site, it was at its early development when we switched to postnuke (and maybe postnuke was as well) So IMO it is yet another system, but does it mean that we need to change whenever something else, maybe better looking, maybe more secure is released ? It takes a lot of time to migreate a site from one system to another. If all was so easy, then all would have been done.

Marc