On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 20:20:24 +0100
Matej Hausenblas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thursday 3 November 2005 02:11, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> > Matej Hausenblas wrote:
>[...]
> For the moment I've got this working:
> - I converted a dfm with lazres into lrs (and lfm)
> - I edited the form under Lazarus
> - to get the code back to Delphi, i renamed lpr to dpr and lfm to dfm
> - I opened the project in Delphi and there were all changes I made under
> Lazarus and it seems it compiled correctly with Delphi and FPC

There are some hidden bugs. Lazarus has some properties, that Delphi does
not have and the other way around. The bug will appear, when the application
creates the form the first time.

> [...]
> > >   I've already asked on the IRC channel and was told that it should be
> > > possible to do with delphi6/7 but not 5.
> >
> > Why not Delphi 5? AFAIK conversion between forms only requires the
> > delphi forms to be based on text rather then binary and delphi 5 has
> > text forms.

The Delphi to lazarus conversion should be able to read binary dfm.

>[...]
> Lazarus is GPL/LGPL licensed? This tool should be also licensed this way
> to  keep it coherent, I think.

Almost. The LCL is under a modified LGPL, which also allows to statically
link into closed source applications.

>[...]
> > > Should I create a Wiki page on Lazarus' wiki to document this?
> >
> > Yes, it would be great.

I second that.

Mattias