Vincent Snijders wrote:
Hi,

In Project -> Project Options -> Miscellaneous you can find the "Always build (even if nothing has changed)". If set to false, lazarus will try to determine, if a recompilation is needed (i.e. if some sources have changed), if the users says run or compiler.

ATM the default is false. IMHO, this should be true, the user can enable the check, if he wishes. But there are still changes possible in source, that lazarus cannot detect, for example because not all units were added to the project.

I propose to change the default for new projects to true. What do you think?

To avoid problems for first time users, I think we should stay with the old behaviour of always compile. So I think the check should be set to true

Marc