Dale Welch wrote:
(sent again since it hasn't showed up after 4 hours  :-)

 gtkproc.inc specifically says not to define GDK_Key defines if using gtk2.
when compiling lazarus from make it includes /usr/share/lazarus/lcl/interfaces/gtk/gtkkeysyms.inc
which specifically does not included itself via a ifdef if you are gtk2.
where are these defines supposed to come from?

When changing from gtk1 to gtk2, the gtk team renamed a lot of constants. Since for lazarus code is shared between gtk1 and gtk2, those changed names are a pain. So for gtk1 we have defined the renamed constants ourselves, so the code stays the same.
The GDK_KEY_ constants you are looking for are defined by the gdk2 unit.

Is there something i am supposed to set somewhere?
I obviously have something messed up.
I have latest from svn of both lazarus and fpc.

If i remove the ifdef so the defines are included then it continues until
     jitforms.pp(1322,50) Error: identifier idents no member "Stream"

Did you try to make lazarus for gtk1 ? did it work ?

Marc