On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 01:08:10 -0300
"Flávio Etrusco" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>[...]
> - Move painting code to a separate component so it can be reused (it's
> complex enough to deserve this anyway).

The painting stuff is quite synedit specific. How can it be reused without
the rest?

> - "Fix" UniSyn or at least clean the static highlighters - that as a
> matter of fact didn't need to be static at all.

If you mean, replacing the fixed hash tables in the highlighters with some
some dynamic ones:
That would slow them down. They are still the workers in synedit. That
means, most processor time of synedit is the highlighter.

> - Rework "Range" handling.

Already replaced for codefolding. The Range can already store arbitrary
data. But for compatibility you can use it as number too. See the TSynPasSyn
for an example.

> I'm enumerating all these just to know how do you feel about them.
>
> Oh, a very important thing I forgot to ask is what is your current
> policy about public interfaces changes. I don't see anywhere that you
> (we ;-) are in interface freeze, but I didn't feel like downloading
> the list archive, so...

It depends. We try to avoid interface changes. It must either fix a design
flaw or really open possibilities a lot.

Mattias