Actually I found a nicer solution :)
I integrated with wikiquote.org (which was something I came up with while
discussing the problem with you guys).
Selecting a phrase search hides the  book and submits the search to wikiquote,
grabs the results, preparses them and displays the list of matches in an
iphtml panel, clicking on any of the links in the list, then submits the link
value as a search back into my indexing in BOTH artist and title fields.

So if you search for ¨Wherefore art though romeo¨ one of the results will be
¨William Shakespear¨, clicking the link brings up the entry ¨Shakespear´s
first folio¨ by William Shakespear from my list, which happens to contain
among it´s 35 plays ¨Romeo and Juliet¨.

True it requires an internet connection but what it doesn´t require is any
real CPU/disk usage - and it has the power of an index maintained by
thousands of volunteers :), these days programs being able to integrate
cleanly with online information sources is considdered a good thing right ?
it was for this that I needed the connectivity check, so that I could disable
the quote-search checkbox if there was no internet.

Ciao
A.J.

--
"80% Of a hardware engineer's job is application of the uncertainty principle.
80% of a software engineer's job is pretending this isn't so."