Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

Hi Michael,

The only SSH client I have used is Putty (for Windows) to maintain our
internal Linux server.  What would such a setup involve?

I don't know, because I don't know what ssh client you use.

What is the security risk connecting via plain SVN with anonymous
access?  I have only ever had anonymous access to Lazarus and FPC, and
always submitted patches via the mailing list.  I am fine with
continuing to work that way.

The risk is that an additional TCP/IP port is open.

Our german FTP machine was compromised recently (that is why the wiki
is down). The main server has also been compromised some time ago.
Since then, I am reluctant to open too much ports.

In reality, the problem is with your ISP, namely that they don't
seem to support all WebDAV commands in their proxy.

What about letting apache listening to a second port ?

Marc