> I fail to see where your problem is here with the current
> implementation. Lazarus uses po-files and LCL will be able to use those
too.

Yes, maybe thers no problem but, i think when we include a translate tool in
lazarus and make ourself
incompatible to the gettext tools the translation tool is useless, sorry.
Its useable but only for internal formats as borland with it dll stuff.
Also unuseable.
I cant write an Imageprogram, with only one format that is self implemented.
Nobody will use this.

> Edit the po-files, which are the basic cornerstone of gettext, as far as
> I understood.

This is what i meay why i need then an translation tool in the ide ?

> See also the gettext support in the LCL.

LCL ? thers gettext support in the LCL i use unit gettext from FCL ?!

Christian