> > Heh, fair enough - though technically I was offering to debug this one
> > for you  - all I need is a hint on where to look.
>
> If I understood correct, you should first fix the gtk warnings about the
> theme.
Well no other GTK apps are affected by the missing bits, nonetheless I had
done the test (easy way -just change to the GTK2 standard theme which ships
with the library) , with or without the warnings however the bug persists.
Even if it was theme related however, it would still constitute a bug - the
code ought to fall-back if the theme has a problem.

Since I know that it is in pango that the crash occurs, although the stack
won't show me the exact place - I can from how much appears on the screen get
a fairly safe guess that the crash is being caused by a font-change call from
inside TSynEdit -so the question is , how do I determine which one so I can
fix the code...

A.J.
--
"80% Of a hardware engineer's job is application of the uncertainty principle.
80% of a software engineer's job is pretending this isn't so."