To: <lazarus@miraclec.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 01, 2006 6:32 PM
Subject: [lazarus] Lazarus SVN and FPC 2.1.1

Lazarus SVN and my projects work's perfectly with official relase of fpc
2.0.4.
I can also compile SVN without problem with FPC 2.1.1 Latest SVN but when i load projects i've a lot off errors about StringsGrids and DbGrids like
'property visible is read only' and others.

What's wrong ? My project or lazarus can't work with FPC 2.1.1 ?

Are you sure that is Visible property and not VisibleColCount or VisibleRowCount?. This properties are published but they are readonly and I guess, they should not be stored in lfm file but when using 2.0.X they are.

Why it worked in 2.0.X and not in 2.1.1? it seems that 2.0.X had a bug (or a feature don't know) that allows Lazarus to load this kind of properties without noise, in 2.1.1 it seems this was fixed (or improved) and now it raise an exception if a read only property is found in lfm stream. Luckily, it seems 2.1.1 is now clever enough to not store published read only properties.

As the current released compiler is 2.0.4 and I don't know for what time this will be so, I think the cleanest solution would be to set these properties explicitely not stored, so it should work in both 2.0.X and 2.1.1, if anybody have objections, please tell me.

This is for StringGrid, Can you give more details for the DbGrid problems?

Jesus Reyes A.