Darius Blaszijk schreef:
From: "Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On 11/8/06, Luis R. Hilario B. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
But the files are enormous.

Which files are enormous?

This brings up another question. Would it be interesting to release a stripped lazarus installer? I mean only the FPC compiler and the rest all sources? You just simply install and invoke make clean all. Voila, you have an installer that will be about 30% smaller.

Yes, that would make sense. That is what I meant with source based installer on http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/User:Vincent/todo_list

You can even ask whether to include debug info for RTL, FCL, LCL or not.

You can give the user an option to create cross compilers, at least to targets without need for internal linkers.

I welcome patches and extensions in this direction.

Vincent