Can somebody explain me the reasons behind the changes in revision 10189?
http://www.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?root=lazarus&rev=10189&view=rev

There some problems:
http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3153

Most published properties, (all that were inherited from TEdit were removed from all the TEditButtons.

I also don't understand that the Date property has been removed from the published section of TDateEdit. I can understand the removing the text property (for a TDateEdit) because of the different date formats. It could cause loading problems. But the Date property is perfectly safe in this respect. Or do you think defaulting to today is better than some user given date.

Vincent