On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 14:51 -0700, Seth Grover wrote:
> I'm writing a program to do some informal benchmarking of insert and
> query performance using various MySQL storage engines using MySQL
> 5.1.x latest beta. I've got it up and running just fine using Lazarus
> and the MySQL components. It was a piece of cake.

Well. I'm not sure what you want to benchmark. If you're gonna compare
two servers, then it doesn't really matter how your code works. But if
you only want to show some fast numbers, you'd better don't use the
MySQL-components, since they only add an extra overhead-layer.

If you want fast direct access, and filtering, iterating through
records, editing and such doesn't matter, you'de better use the MySQL-
api directly. (the unit mysqlXX, XX=40,41,50)

How the api works can you find in the MySQL-documentation. They call it
the c-api.

Joost