Hello,

I am storing filenames of pictures in a database and would like to have a
TListView type control that can show it as icons or in report mode. (I guess
I can use a DBGrid for the report view).

I can't find any DB-aware component to show a list of images from a
database, so I thought I will try and use a TListView and load the data from
the database. Then I read an article in the forum somewhere saying that the
listview complains if the images are different sizes. So I thought it is
maybe a good idea anyways to create thumbnails of the images and save the
thumbnails in the database as blobs.

Sorry for the long train-of-thought thing. :-)

So, my questions:
* What is the best way to show a list of pictures - or rather thumbnails of
the pictures? Are there any examples out there?
* How do I resize a picture? I saw on the wiki (
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Developing_with_Graphics#Resizing_the_bitmap_of_a_TImage)
that I can do it by setting the height and width of the bitmap, but this
causes strange results.

Thanks
Charl

--
"I love deadlines. I especially love the whooshing sound they make as they
fly by." - Douglas Adams