I am sorry, its intention make and vanish odbc of comand of freepascal

On 5/20/07, Bram Kuijvenhoven <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

dayat wrote:
> SQLDB's ODBC very busy to finish the problem of me. otherwise there is a
> way of is other, how to make and vanish DSN ODBC at windows

On the Control Panel (Win 9x/ME) or Control Panel -> Administrative Tools
(Win XP) there is a 'Data Sources (ODBC)' item. You can create new DSNs
here:
- either a User DSN or System DSN, which you can refer to by
TODBCConnection.DatabaseName
- or a File DSN; you can refer to this one by the
TODBCConnection.FileDSNproperty

You can also manually set the parameters for your connection in a
TODBCConection object. See the property declarations in the source code for
an explanation which property maps to which connection property. In this
case you need to specify TODBCConnection.Driver; the driver names are also
listed on the Control Panel ODBC item.

Note that using TODBCConnection.Params, you can supply arbitrary ODBC
connection parameters, using lines of the form PROPNAME=value.

Example for connecting with MS Access:

  Driver = 'Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)'
  Params = ['DBQ=C:\path\to\my\database.mdb']

I guess Excel uses pretty much the same parameters. You need to look up
the Excel ODBC dirver documentation for details, also on how the spreadsheet
is interpreted as a database.

Reagards,

Bram