On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 03:09:11 +0200
Giuliano Colla <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Lord Satan ha scritto:On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 23:58:30 +0200
> "Graeme Geldenhuys" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>   Forcing all GTK applications to always use the theming colors is *not*
> always the developers desire.
>
> In this case the developer has the option to use an application specific
> appname.gtkrc file to override the standard theme and use his own.
>

> This is hardly a solution.
>
> What real people in real world needs is to give the right appearence to
> widgets, in order to create user friendly applications. This means
> dynamically changing colors, image backgrounds, and whatever is needed to
> convey the right information in the most intuitive way. For the same reasons,
> buttons and other widgets are often of different size and shape, and widget
> style and theme goe to hell.

Real people are indows users? And the real world is the commercial one or do
you mean crappy shareware apps as they do the same?
I don't think it is very user friendly to override the users personal theme
settings. The most intuitive way to convey information forces you to ignore the
users theme? I think you have some problems with GUI design and how it should
work.
But I won't argue with you anymore just go ahead, fix the problem and sent a
patch.