Mattias Gaertner wrote:
On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 12:27:44 -0400
Lee Jenkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Lee Jenkins wrote:
Hi all,

I had a project successfully building on both Windows and Linux.
I added SQLite support and while everything compiles fine on
Windows, now on the linux box, Lazarus simply says:

Error: Error while linking

No descriptions, just that.

There are probably more error messages, but maybe they were skipped
and not shown in the message window. Can you reproduce the issue and
send all messages please? You can get all messages with right click on
messages and use "Save all messages to file". Then I can extend the
filter to show these messages.

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsqlite3
Error: Error while linking

Which brings me to another question:

What is the difference between the build process on linux vs. windows that requires that the sqlite development packages be installed? The only thing I needed on Windows was the single sqlite3.dll file.

My assumption was that all was needed was the .so file on the linux machine, which was obviously wrong.

The devel package installs the .h files (which FPC does not need) and
sets a link from unspecific .so file to the current .so version. In
short words: It sets a default.

Mattias,

I'm not sure I follow you here, no doubt because I'm still learning linux. I tried creating a hard link named "sqlite3" and pointed it to the version of the .so I had download from sqlite's website. Tried placing it various directories such as /bin, /usr/bin, /sbin, etc, but still need the dev package which I yummed.

Ah the joys of learning :-)

--

Warm Regards,

Lee