Vincent Snijders wrote:
Lee Jenkins schreef:
Burkhard Carstens wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 16. Mai 2007 16:35 schrieb fedorax:
Hello,

I just make a new svn update and i've a little problem:

using:
Printer.Canvas.TextStyle.Alignment=taRightJustify;
return this error:
cheques.pas(210,35) Error: Argument can't be assigned to

Did something change or is it a bug ?

This is not a bug. It is caused by a change in fpc. Assignments to fields of structured properties are not allowed anymore (since r7250). e.g.: property prop : trec read frec; instance.prop.a:=5;

Seems like you have to introduce more properties in the class or work with tmpvars in the code:
tmp:=instance.prop;
tmp.a:=5;
instance.prop:=tmp;

Hi,

I'm just curious why this was changed. Was it to promote better coding practices or a more practical reason?

If your property is declared as:

property MyProp: TMyRec read GetMyRec write FMyRec;

then
  instance.MyProp.B := 5;
writeln(instance.MyProp.B); would not write 5.

Thanks Vincent.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee