From: Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 12:11 PM
To: lazarus@miraclec.com
Subject: [lazarus] Using gtk2 interface on Macs

Hi,

Has anyone already tested the gtk2 interface on Macs? I tryed to play
with it, but linking a simple app will fail with:

Free Pascal Compiler version 2.1.4 [2007/05/08] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-2007 by Florian Klaempfl
Target OS: Darwin for i386
Compiling lclbasictest.lpr
Assembling lclbasictest
Linking lclbasictest
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_gtk_cell_renderer_combo_get_type
Error: Error while linking
ERROR: failed compiling of project
/Users/felipemonteirodecarvalho/Programas/GR32/Examples/Lcl/basictest/lc
lbasictest.lpi

It seams that not utilized declaration on gtk2 files are not removed,
so all gtk2 apps automatically require all functions from gtk2.pas

Worse, the default binary version of gtk2 on Fink is 2.4 I am building
at this moment version 2.6, the latest source on fink, but I'm afraid
it wont work, as fpc defines 2.8 for gtk2.pas

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho