Felipe,

I've attached the script I use to launch apps that have been linked against
Gimp's gtk2 libraries (renamed from .sh to .txt so it doesn't get stripped
out). This script could be placed inside the app's bundle to launch it - that's
the way Gimp starts up on OS X.

My thinking behind linking against Gimp's gtk2 libraries is to simplify
distribution of an app: Just direct the user to an official Apple site to
download the Gimp installer. Since it's a universal binary the same .dmg can be
used on both PowerPC and Intel Macs and since it's open source you could post
it on your own site or network if you want.

This is a foolproof way of installing the gtk2 libraries on a Mac that doesn't
require fink, which would be a showstopper for most Mac users. Plus it adds an
app (Gimp) that's useful in its own right.

The first part of the script just locates Gimp by looking in the usual places.
The second part of the script sets various environment variables that gtk2
apparently likes to have.

With the advent of the Carbon widgetset, gtk2 isn't quite as important to me
anymore, but it still may have its uses on OS X. I tested various programs
against gtk2 today and it doesn't seem quite as slow as I remember - maybe I'm
just slower now.

Thanks.

-Phil