Hello All,

I have used LazOpenGLContext in GTK1 with no problems. I would now like to
move to GTK2 as this seems much more stable these days. However, when I
rebuild Lazarus for GTK2 widgetset, the compilation fails with the message:

/home/paul/Applications/Lazarus/components/opengl/glgtkglxcontext.pas(1,1)
Fatal: Can't find unit gdk2x

Is this a known problem, or am I doing something wrong? If it is a known
problem I would like to contribute to solving it, although I know very little
about GTK development and I would need pointing in the right direction!

I have also tried to install GLScene for Lazarus. I followed the installation
instructions for version 1.0.0.1 given in the WIKI at:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/GLScene

I used the SVN option with today's Lazarus from SVN using FPC 2.0.4. The
rebuild halts with the message:

The package "glscenelazarus 1.0.0.1" failed to compile.
Remove it from the installation list?

The compiler error messages are:

/home/paul/Applications/Lazarus/components/glscene/Source/glmisc.pas(409,91)
Error: This symbol isn't allowed as storage symbol
/home/paul/Applications/Lazarus/components/glscene/Source/glmisc.pas(413,91)
Error: This symbol isn't allowed as storage symbol
/home/paul/Applications/Lazarus/components/glscene/Source/glmisc.pas(414,91)
Error: This symbol isn't allowed as storage symbol
/home/paul/Applications/Lazarus/components/glscene/Source/glmisc.pas(415,91)
Error: This symbol isn't allowed as storage symbol
/home/paul/Applications/Lazarus/components/glscene/Source/glmisc.pas(443,20)
Error: There is no method in an ancestor class to be
overridden: "TGLNodes.EndUpdate"
/home/paul/Applications/Lazarus/components/glscene/Source/glmisc.pas(519,1)
Fatal: There were 5 errors compiling module, stopping

Is there a work-around for this not in the WIKI, or have I made a mistake
setting it up?

Thanks for any pointers you can give,
Kind regards,

Paul Michell