Marco Ciampa schreef:
On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 08:42:44PM +0200, Vincent Snijders wrote:
Marco Ciampa schreef:
On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 07:42:46PM +0200, Vincent Snijders wrote:
Hi,

Since today Ubuntu users can install the latest Lazarus release from a Unbuntu repository. 0.9.22 is only for i386, the upcoming 0.9.24 will be available for x86_64 too.

For instructions see:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Getting_Lazarus#Getting_Lazarus_from_our_Ubuntu_repository
Why not ubuntu/PPC?
No problem, as long as you either build the debs or give me access to an ubuntu / PPC with sufficent rights to build them my self.

The hardware is a bit rare.

Tell me what to do and I'll do it and will send to you the compiled binaries.

I've a (k)ubuntu feisty on a G4 (ibook) powerpc (that works like a sharm!).

To show my willing and to satisfy my desire to try new things, I downloaded and installed pearpc and an ubuntu powerpc CD image. Pearpc started, but Ubuntu didn't boot, it just have after creating a ram disk. Googling gave some hint, PearPC cannot handle linux 2.6 kernels: http://www.pearpc.net/viewtopic.php?sid=&f=8&t=5057&p=40655

Vincent