Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

I downloaded and installed the latest Lazarus binary from source forge:

Lazarus-0.9.22-fpc-2.0.4-20070326-win32.exe

Apperently everything that is needed is inside this installer (?) which is real nice.

I give it test by writing a little HelloWorld program and then during debugging/running gdb.exe crashes, here is the program:

[snip]

My operating system is:

Windows XP Pro x64 Editition.

A debugger crashing doesn't seem normal to me... ?

I see you're running XP64... me too
Did you try gdb standalone running your app ? And dit it crash while starting the app ?

It might be related to the message I mailed on 31-7:

Hi,

This message is only for ppl running xp64 and who get a windows exception while
trying to debug a 32bit exe

Today I solved a prolem in gdb and I'm now able to debug 32 bit apps again. It
was related to to following report:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1500271&group_id=2435&atid=102435

and a patch can be found here:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1764083&group_id=2435&atid=302435

If you want the patched gdb6.6, you can get it here:
http://www.dommelstein.nl/scrap/gdb.6.6.patched.zip

Marc