Chris Kirkpatrick schreef:
Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, Chris Kirkpatrick wrote:

I am trying to use LazDE (documentation editor) to construct an HTML
file based on a recently edited XML documentation file.

All tools including LazDE and Lazarus built from latest SVN.
Mepis32 v6.5 (a variant of debian linux)
Intel Pentium4 with 512 MB memory.

I (consistently) get the following output - needless to say,
'Documentation was NOT successfully built'!

Building docs using command: fpdoc --package="lcl"
--output="/home/kirkpatc/FreePascal/doc.tmp/" --format=html --content
--descr="/home/kirkpatc/FreePascal/lazarus/docs/xml/lcl/controls.xml"
--input="/home/kirkpatc/FreePascal/lazarus/lcl/controls.pp"
FPDoc - Free Pascal Documentation Tool
Version 2.3.1 [2007/08/27]
(c) 2000 - 2003 Areca Systems GmbH / Sebastian Guenther, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

An unhandled exception occurred at $08075A88 :
EFOpenError : Unable to open file
""/home/kirkpatc/FreePascal/lazarus/docs/xml/lcl/controls.xml""
  $08075A88
  $080D16DE
  $0809C475
  $080492C2
  $08049901

Documentation successfully built.

Any suggestions?
Yes, the quotes around the filename should not be there.

Michael.

FpDoc works OK  from the command line when I remove the quotes, and
generates HTML as expected.

Therefore there seems to be a bug in LazDE, which is inserting spurious
quotes around filenames before invoking FpDoc. Might this be coming from
the file-picker that is used in setting up the 'Build' action in LazDE?

Should I file a bug report about the insertion of spurious quotes in
filenames?

Please, do.

Vincent