I'm trying to make a simple program that I want to put under the Tools menu, configured with the Tools|Configure custom tools... command.

All works nicely, but the output of my tool does not appear in the Messages window. Note that the messages are there, since I can copy all and hidden messages to clipboard.

It seems to me that if I check the "Scan output for Free Pascal Compiler messages" checkbox this should happen.

Am I missing something important?
(Lazarus 0.9.22 - FPC 2.0.4 - Windows i386 platform)

tiziano